Looking for something? Look it up here!

Monday, January 16, 2017

My Short Cebu Visit

Facebook has led me to be curious about a new attraction in Cebu, specifically located in the highlands of Busay. A lot of people took the time to be there to take photos with some colorful Celosia flowers. I want to see it for myself too so my sister took me there last 27 December during my short visit to Cebu.


First, we traversed through the moderate traffic and steep mountain road to Busay. There are many other flower farms but we sought to find the original Sirao Garden.


Entrance fee was 50 pesos. It must have been only a few days after they have harvested the flowers as the new ones were still short. My sister who has been there before said that when they came around November 2016, the flowers were as tall as people.


The people maintaining the garden has accessorized the place with bikes


benches, and a cute pathway


perfect for added attraction as people nowadays (like me) love to take nice photos.

There was not much flowers but I'm still happy to have seen the place with my own eyes. There were less people and no queues which  made the visit short.


Lining up outside the gardens are stores that sell boiled corn, fried bananas, coconut juice and other kinds of snacks. Hungry visitors can just take their pick. I've missed fried bananas so much!


Our next stop was Temple of Leah. This was constructed by Teodorico Adarna as a symbol of his great love for his late wife - Leah Adarna.  There was a short walk from the entrance to the temple itself but while you are going towards it, you walk in an increasing elevation leading to this enormous edifice. Entrance fee, by the way, is 50 pesos per person.


A lovely fountain in the middle of the enormous court.


Lovely statues and the city lights in the far distance.


Most of the people I knew came in during daylight. But during the evening, a lot of people are still coming in to visit the place. The bright lights of the big city below is mesmerizing.


I know visit during the morning or afternoon would be wonderful for photos as there is natural light but from where I stand, I can still clearly see its beauty. It's like I am not in the Philippines but somewhere in a Greek island. The temple is likened to Taj Mahal because of the story of why it is built.


The insides of this majestic place. I remembered my cousin had their pre-nuptial photos taken here as well as a lot of other couples. In the middle of 2 staircases was an inscription and an effigy of the woman who was loved by her dear husband and inspired for all this to be built.


We stayed for a bit to read the inscriptions as the rooms where the collections of the wife were now closed.


The place is yet to be finished but it already boasts of being grand. Again, maybe I will visit soon during day time and take more photos.


Thank you for reading and 'til next time!




No comments:

Post a Comment