Looking for something? Look it up here!

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Sunday Roadtrip

Last Sunday, 16 July, I was woken up early to an unexpected road trip with my aunt and cousins. I happily got up from bed and prepared myself. I was not given enough details on where we are going so I considered it as a surprise.


Halfway to our destination, we stopped by at a servo to do something and I saw these beautiful cars parked near McDonalds. I've only seen these in movies before! I just had to take a quick photo and I ran back inside our car because it was freezing.


Finally arrived in our destination. This is the Sunday Market in Daylesford. Much like the markets in Thailand, there were a lot of things for sale here. Some are second hand things, fresh produce or winter essentials. There were also food stalls around. I chose to eat some hotdog in a bun and the wife of the stall owner was a Filipina who happily chatted with us. Sadly, I didn't really feel satisfied with the hotdog I bought. Anyway, we also went around to buy some apples, oranges and avocados which were way cheaper than those sold at the department stores.


We then went to another store called The Amazing Mill Markets. It was a huge and wide building full of vintage items ranging from clothes, home decoratives, glass, coins, jewelry and books to name a few. My aunt really loved it. It was fun going around the different stalls and looking at interesting items. I found this sign which amused me.


It was already way over lunch time when we went out of the market. We were not very hungry but can still take in food. Me and my cousins didn't know where we were heading next. With my aunt behind the wheel, we were all surprised to be taken in the Chocolate Mill. It was in an out of the way road and pretty hidden from the highway except for a sign. The parking lot had quite a number of cars and walking towards the little cottage restaurant, there are signs like this.


Coming inside, it did not surprise me that there were a lot of people in a line towards the counter. The scent of hot chocolate filled the place. The line was long but people were happy to wait. Who would be grumpy if you have these chocolate options to choose from?


Each of us chose our chocolate bars and they were placed in a cute carton box like this. No, they were not weighed. I actually am confused why this is a clock instead of a weighing scale. 


Aside from the chocolates, we went into the cafe to sit down and have hot chocolates and cakes. We were full and had to take some cakes home. To burn off those calories, we drove a few kilometers to the Hanging Rock Reserve to have a bit of a hike.


It was freezing cold and we were going to an elevated place so it was coldER. My aunt and cousin is used to hiking because they do it most of the weekends. I wasn't but I won't complain because it has been a while since I went out to hike. Its also my first time in the place and it made me curious. The walkway was paved so there wasn't so much difficulty walking. I can see rocks beyond those trees and wondered how it was called hanging rock.


Halfway up, there is an option for people to choose from. We chose the stairs to see what the hanging rock was about.


These were the rocks up close and before we walked into the stairs.


I forgot to count the number of steps but finally, we arrived! This is the Hanging Rock. It's basically being suspended on both sides by other rocks which made it appear as hanging. 


It was only a short walk to the summit wherein there were more rocks and this view. 


It's a nice feeling to be out and about especially on weekends. I am grateful for the chance to be with my relatives and explore places in countryside Victoria. I feel very cold from the weather but warm inside because of this experience. Thank you for reading and 'til next blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment