Looking for something? Look it up here!

Friday, November 10, 2017

Getting skills assessment from ANMAC

image taken from https://www.anmac.org.au/sites/all/themes/anmac/logo.png


After getting hold of your Australian Registration for Nurses, you can then try your luck at finding a job. It is very challenging as Australian employers are being mandated to hire citizens or Permanent Residents first and only after making sure that there are no qualified persons who have applied, they then can hire foreign workers.

Otherwise, it is best to start the process of skills assessment. Documents can be authenticated by the JP and then sent to ANMAC. Some of their requirements for Modified Skills Assessment are: 

1. Certificate of Good Standing - arrange this to from your country's professional registration body. In my case, I got it from Philippine Registration Commission and it was they who sent it directly to ANMAC. I just had to pay a nominal fee. 

2. A colour copy of your proof of identity. In my case I photocopied the bio statistical page of my passport. 

3. Current Registration certificate from the NMBA program 

4. Professional reference from your paid work experience wherein you had been for at least 3 months and on full time status. 

5.  Completed ANMAC application form 

Waiting time for skills assessment is updated in their website and it usually runs for up to 8 weeks. Usually they send 2 emails: the first one is when the assessment has commenced and the second one when it has been finalized. It is best to lodge an expression of interest (EOI) once the letter has been received as the EOI will ask the exact date of when the ANMAC decision was finalized. This can only be found in the letter.

Some would prefer to have an immigration agent help them from getting a skills assessment from ANMAC up to applying for a visa. I was also contemplating to have this but what set me back was the huge fee so I resolved to read and research the tiniest details online and do it on my own.

I got my ANMAC Letter of Determination 10 weeks after I applied for it. It felt like forever and I did call and email them to follow up. They were very happy to let me know regarding the status so I remained patient and prayed that all will go well - and it did!

For more details about ANMAC skills assessment, you can check out their website: 
https://www.anmac.org.au/skilled-migration-services/registered-nurse

Their FAQs do help a lot too: https://www.anmac.org.au/skilled-migration-services/faq

Thank you for reading and 'til next blog!

2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck. http://www.carolshipwaymigration.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. http://www.carolshipwaymigration.com.au/

    ReplyDelete