Looking for something? Look it up here!

Monday, November 7, 2016

12 things to try out in Bangkok

Bangkok is my happy place. I really don't know why but amidst being a busy metropolis with thousands of people all over, I feel happy visiting it. Maybe because I have not lived in a huge city as that of the capital of Thailand. 

I found that there is a lot of things to do and see there. Here are some of the  exciting things to I have done in Bangkok so far:

1. Visit the Wat Arun Temple. You can read more about my story at this blog post.


2. The city has its fare share of old Catholic Churches as all religions are being respected here despite being a predominantly Buddhist country. Me and my friends were able to visit one of the beautifully preserved Catholic church also detailed in this post.


3.  Visit an attraction/restaurant like Chocolate Ville. My story here.


4. Be close to some famous people and have a photo opportunity with them. All possible at Madame Tussaud's Bangkok. Our fun experience can be recalled on this post.


5. For a fun and romantic night, why not try a cruise. There are a lot of Chao Phraya Dinner Cruises to choose from. Me and a friend had an amazing time. You can read about it here.


6. Shopping and walking around is such a treat in Bangkok. There are a lot of nice places worthy of an instagram photo as well as places worthy of time for good or cheap finds. This is taken at Siam Paragon.


Funny and cute statues outside Siam Center.


7. I don't quite get tired of temples and awesome unique structures. When a visiting friend came to visit, I joined her adventure to visit the Grand Palace. However, we got lost and ended up in another temple which is also amazing. It was still a good day :)


8. Try out Bangkok's colorful taxis. But due to the city's traffic, it might be a good idea to try some alternatives such as riding a public bus, or the BTS or MRT. 


Otherwise, trying out a boat is not that bad too. I tried one when I had to go for a morning appointment. I had to let 3 boats pass me by because it was so full! Finally, I was able to squeeze in to the 4th boat.


Or ride the famous and colourful tuktuks of the city.


9.  Be adventurous and try visiting a floating market. Our half day tour here.


10. See the city and dine with good food and great view at Baiyoke Tower. Details here.


11. Discovering nice restaurants with good ambiance is a nice treat.


12. And of course, satisfying the palate is not to be missed. I never get tired of Thai food though I've been here for 2 years now. It's still as exciting as the first time I tasted it. From the street foods, to fancy dishes, these are all accessible in Bangkok.


I have yet to come back to Bangkok and discover other amazing things to do. I will make sure to share my stories on this blog. Thank you for reading 'til next post! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment