Looking for something? Look it up here!

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Moving out and Starting Over

I will soon embark on another journey in my career; educational and personal life. I realized now that with the 3 years I have spent in Phuket, I have amassed a lot of things. I pride myself as a stingy person when it comes to buying possessions. However, I can't still quite fathom how I own a lot now. Well, some are not bought by me but was handed down to me by my friends. I'm grateful for them but I need to part with some of the things sooner or later.

image courtesy of selfplannedtrip.com

It is fun to go through the materials that I accumulated all those months but it is also heartbreaking to part with them. It is either I sell, give or just throw some of them away. I forgot how moving is hard and that is why my goal is now to become a minimalist. In fact, I am setting out to buy only the things that I need and way lesser of the things that I only want.

This is my nurse teddy which I forgot to bring home to the Philippines. Sure, this thing gave me joy because its a unique teddy and a remembrance of my previous workplace but this is only a "want". I plan to give it away soon and make one child happy.


The clothes rack that I shared with my roommate before and since I can't bring it, I would have to sell it along with some other things. I'm happy to have discovered a facebook page which can let people buy or sell second hand items in Phuket. I've become a member of the group and posted some of these things. If only I only a group like this exists, I would have saved a lot on home equipment.


Indeed, it is tough to move out and call another place as home but this is how life is. I have to do what I think is best for me and that is to chase my dreams and grasp every opportunity.

Thank you for reading and 'til my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment