Looking for something? Look it up here!

Thursday, February 9, 2017

8 things to do in Phuket on a rainy day


For most people, going to Phuket means going to the beach. But what if due to the unpredictable weather, this activity is not possible? Well, there are still quite a lot of things to do in Phuket on a not so sunny day and some of these I have tried out myself. I know there are a lot but here is my list: 

1. Dine Out

This is the first on my list. Of course when travelling, it is not only about the beautiful sights and sounds of the place but also how it can please our palates. This is best because you are in Thailand and who does not love Thai food? It is better to go out and choose a restaurant of your liking and taste the dishes that are offered. One of my favorite restaurant is Tunk-ka Cafe which I wrote about here.


I even brought my mother and sister to this place to enjoy the food and ambiance. 


There are numerous places for dining in Phuket as well as other cuisines like Japanese and Vietnamese. Doing research on where to go and what to eat will definitely pay off. 

2. Shop

image taken from asiawebdirect.com

If its cloudy outside,it may be best to spend time on shopping. Stores and malls are all over Phuket and offers a wide variety of products such as dresses, souvenir shirts, keychains and whatnots. Great gift ideas too for loved ones who are back at home. 

3. Watch a movie


It was cloudy and we were afraid to be wet and sick so my sister and I decided to try out the cinema in Jungceylon Mall in Patong, Phuket. Here she is ready with her snacks. One tip for cinema goers in Thailand, you have to bring a jacket with you or you'll freeze inside. 

4. Strike a pose at the Upside Down House


It was actually my second visit to the upside down house and I still had fun this time with family. Striking a pose can be enjoyable especially when the staff helps out and takes your photo. You can read my about my first experience at this post.

5. Pose a lot more at Phuket Trick Eye Museum


Can't get enough of poses and photos? Try out the Trick Eye Museum located in Phuket Town. Funny and challenging positions ensuring memorable photos. How me and my friends had fun can be browsed here.

6. Attend a Cooking Class


Eating is good but I think learning and experiencing how to cook the dish is better. I tried this out in Bangkok but there is also a class being offered in Phuket. It is quite expensive but I am sure that it will not only fill the stomach but enhance the experience of eating Thai food. My cooking class adventure can be accessed here.

7.Karaoke


I remember we used to go out and celebrate birthdays in Karaoke bars. Its a fun time for us Filipinos to sing and a lot of these kind of places are already in Phuket. Go ahead and sing your heart out. It does not matter if you don't have a nice voice. What's important is your having fun!

8. Watch a local show like Siam Niramit


A showcase of Thailand's history and ancient heritage is a good idea to attend to. I was especially amazed at how the performers delivered the show. I thought it would be a boring one but the 1 hour seemed to run fast. My story here.

Phuket is great during sunny or cloudy weather and there are amazing options to choose from. Thank you for reading and 'til next blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment