Looking for something? Look it up here!

Monday, September 26, 2016

Experiencing Siam Niramit

I've always been a fan of cultural shows. Even during my school years when we were required to watch one, there was always this anticipation in me. Now that I have been living in Thailand for 2 years, I thought its high time for me to see for myself one of the spectacular performance of Thai Culture and Heritage - the Siam Niramit Show.


The ticket price differs with the kind of seats that are chosen and if  buffet dinner is included. The prices ranged from 1,500 - 2,250 THB (43 - 65USD). Hotel pick up is also an option with an additional fee of 300 THB (9 USD) per person. Last August, me and a friend experienced it for the first time and chose the silver seats with buffet dinner. We did not opt for the hotel pick up as we chose to get there by motorbike.

Upon arriving, we had our passes presented at the counter and in turn, a sticker was placed on each of our shirts. We then went straight to the buffet area. Along the way, we saw some souvenir and gift shops. The great dining hall was located at the second floor of the first building. There were rows and rows of food. From Chinese to Japanese to Thai food. There was really a great variety to choose from.

Me and my friend talked a lot while digging in to our plates. For 2 hours and almost 4 plates of food and desserts later, we decided it was time to get out of the place and venture into the pre-show attraction. This included Elephant War Parade, Outdoor Dance performances, Fountain Light and Laser Show and Thai boxing.


When it was almost time for the show, all of us were asked to proceed to another hall where the main show is held. Before going in, we were asked to deposit our cameras at the counter. It didn't take long before the show started. I prayed that the show won't make me feel bored. I was very entertained and didn't seem to notice that an hour has passed by even though the whole act did not have an intermission.

image taken from www.orientalescape.com

We were amazed that the backdrops were changed frequently as well as the whole stage props. There was also a scene where the rain fell and the performer jumped into a pool of water which we didn't notice was there. The performers would come from either sides of the stage and sometimes would come from the audience entrance and walk towards the stage. There were also a couple of times that they had asked viewers to participate.

It was an enchanting night and I never regret my decision to try and experience what Siam Niramit was about. I definitely would recommend to anyone who wants to get a glimpse of Thailand's culture in a theatrical and informative way. In the future I would also like to experience another show called Phuket Fantasea as well.

Thank you for reading and 'til next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment