Looking for something? Look it up here!

Monday, September 19, 2016

Gastronomic treats in South Korea

I'm not a foodie type of person but I became something like it during our trip to South Korea.  All of us were so happy to eat warm food which provided comfort from the cold weather outside. I didn't enjoy cooking my food in front of me before. I prefer sitting in a restaurant and being served with prepared food. But there is something that comes out from grilling or heating the food in front of us. We were able to talk of the day's events and enjoy the food while it is warm. I may have forgotten the names of each dish but when I look at the photos, I can fondly remember those precious moments.


Our meals were never without kimchi and these 3 other delicious side dishes. I've grown to love kimchi since then.


I loved every meal and that is why I am full almost every after one. 



Our tour guides were more than happy to teach us how to prepare and eat the food. So, for this dish we had to put the pork and some side dishes inside this cabbage leaf and then we had to fold it before eating. It was so delightful!

Most of the group didn't like this dish because it was not that challenging to the palate (read: not spicy). Nevertheless, I still enjoyed the noodles and the whole dish itself.


We were amazed to see this mushroom looking like it was grown straight out from this glass. 


Our tour guide then cut through its stems and had the mushrooms fall into the heated pan together with the other ingredients.


This barbecue buffet was very satisfying. There were a lot of different and tasty marinades to choose from. 


Aside from meals, we also were able to grab some snacks along the way. This was a fish formed pastry with red bean inside. I'm not a fan of red bean but it was not so bad.


Our guide told us this was a famous drink in South Korea. I loved it, too! This had a smooth melon taste.


I've always loved Thailand's Roti or pancake and I was so happy to know that South Korea has its own version. It does not look like the flat pancake that Thailand has but it still tastes good.


Another different thing about their pancake is that it has cereals on it. It adds to the crunch while eating the whole thing. 


I know these are just but a few of the good eats that can be found in South Korea. I cannot wait to go back and explore and eat more. Hopefully in the near future. Thank you for reading and 'til next blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment