Looking for something? Look it up here!

Monday, May 6, 2019

My Cousin's Graduation


29 April 2019 - My cousin, Paolo, graduated Bachelor of Nursing at Australian College of Nursing. I was so fortunate to have been able to attend as they had an extra ticket. It was the first time I attended a commencement ceremony outside of my country. As wilth the previous ceremonies I've been to, the families were afforded seats but the graduates were already in their seats before us. The stage was very simple as well.


The usual speeches were there and every graduate was able to come up to the stage to receive their diploma. After the ceremony we all filed outside for some afternoon tea (coffee, tea and pastry) for everyone. The graduates also had to buy their portrait photos of the time they were on stage. 

There's only a few things that we in the Philippines have during the special occasion. One thing is that they didn't have the flower garlands that we give to graduates and there were only one or two official photographers. 


After the ceremony, we celebrated with afternoon drinks at the nearby pub. Paolo's hardwork has paid off and now he is an inch closer to the world of employment. I wish him all the best!

Thanks for reading and 'til next blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment