Looking for something? Look it up here!

Monday, May 23, 2016

Hopped to Hong Kong - Day 1

Nawh, don't take the title literally. This blog is about our family trip to Hong Kong last July 2015. My sister and I planned for the trip 3 months earlier. We shared expenses for our hotel, tours and food as well as for our mother's flights. My father has not filed for a passport so he failed to come with us.

I had to travel from Phuket to Bangkok by plane for an hour and then wait for my Bangkok to Hong Kong flight.


I was on board China Airlines and though I have traveled a lot, this was my first time to ride a big plane with a total of 3 rows and with personal screen in front of my seat. The attendants gave us  a blanket for comfort. I slept through most of the flight and when I woke up, we have already arrived in Hong Kong.


It was my very first time to set foot at Hong Kong International Airport. I just followed the crowd through the hallways leading towards the airport train. Then, towards the immigration and arrival halls.


Since my sister and mother's flight would arrive about 15 minutes later than mine, I waited for them at Arrival Hall A. Let me first take a selfie :)


It didn't take long for me to wait for them. We then headed to buy an octopus card and ate breakfast at McDonald's.


We then looked for the N21 bus heading to Nathan Road. It was confusing and we didn't know where to alight. We ended up looking for our hotel and literally being lost in Hong Kong.


Finally we found Kingsland Apartments and headed to where our hotel - Miu-Ceon Wing On Hotel was. My jaw dropped when I saw the room. I thought that what I read about Hong Kong's hotel rooms were just a hearsay. Saw it for myself! Just one step and I will be at the shower room. We can't even open our bags properly. I had to open mine under the bed. We didn't let this stop us from having fun and exploring Hong Kong. We only need the hotel for a night's rest and shower, anyway.


After freshening up, first on our itinerary was going to Ngong Ping for a cable car ride towards the village. I purchased the tickets for this before we've arrived so we breezed through the long queue.



We tried the crystal cabin on the way up to the village. This cable car has a glass bottom to see the scenery below.


The view at our back.


The view of where we were headed to. Thick, scary fog ahead!


We had to pass through a gift shop after alighting the cable car and had to find its exit to get into the village. But first things first, obligatory images from this spot.


Signage for directions were everywhere, one will never get lost.


Here are our snapshots during our Ngong Ping Village Tour..








At the top of the stairs, not quite visible due to the fog is the Tian Tan Buddha. It's also known as the Big Buddha made of bronze and completed last 1993. It symbolizes the harmonious relationship between man and nature, people and faith. It is a major center of Buddhism in Hong Kong. we didn't feel trekking at the moment, so we just settled on having photos taken at the foot of the stairs.




Afterwards, we headed to City gate outlet to have our dinner. It's located at the Cable Car Terminus and impossible to miss.

We would've wanted to go to Avenue of the Stars that day but since we we're all tired from the travel and flights, we chose to go home and sleep.

This was our first day in Hong Kong. See you all soon for our second day! Thank you and 'til my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment