Looking for something? Look it up here!

Friday, August 25, 2017

Longing for Perth-adise

I studied in Perth for my Nursing Bridging Program. I chose Perth because of my high school friend though I also had friends from other Australian states. School lasted for 9 weeks and on the last day wherein we had to pass our final requirements, me and a classmate went out to sightsee parts of the city. 

First off we went to St George Cathedral which was only a few minutes walk from our campus. This church is the principal Anglican church in the city of Perth and the mother-church of the Anglican Diocese of Perth (Wikipedia). 

I've always loved visiting churches and looking at the pretty architecture inside of them. I also believe that by praying for a wish to be granted in a church newly visited will be granted. Nevertheless, what I always do is talking to God and thanking him for the blessings and hardships that come my way. 


Next up, we visited the City of Perth Library. Now another place that I love visiting are libraries. There is such a whole new world for me when I am surrounded by books and magazines. I would have loved to read but we don't have much time so we just looked around every floor. I used to remember when I was a child that our library was only one floor and most of the books were torn because some children were not careful enough or because the books were always borrowed. 

This particular library has many floors and a lot of tables, chairs and couches were people can comfortably read. I liked that they have a separate floor for teens to have their kind of books (though I am way beyond my teenager years lol).

We chose to go up the floors via the elevator and go back down through the lovely spiralling staircase. 


We then a few minutes across the street where Stirling Gardens is. It is just a small public park with sculptures, lovely flower gardens and benches. It was noon time when we came and we saw people enjoying the sun while sitting on the grasses or benches. 


Just a few minute walk was Elizabeth Quay. It is the perfect place to do people watching, dining or relaxing. As it was so hot that day, we decided to buy some gelato to cool ourselves while taking in all the view.




My classmate and good friend, Clarisse,who was with me during this entire time :)


Another place that I miss in Perth is King's Park. It is such a cool place to hang out with friends, see the city and sunset and have a picnic.


I really had a wonderful time in Perth. Wherever life takes me, Perth would always be the first city I fell in love with in Australia. Thank you for reading and 'til next blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment