Looking for something? Look it up here!

Friday, December 22, 2017

TS Vinta

image taken from weatherph.org

So, I am heading home for the holidays and it is all over the news about Tropical Storm Vinta expected to have its landfall in the Philippines around the holidays. The weather stations even said to seriously treat it because although it is fast moving, at around 18-20kph, it also brings quite a lot of wind and rain.

I was already feeling a bit anxious starting 21 December when the airline: Cebu Pacific already announced their Travel Advisory about cancelled flights. I felt like I'm a bit of a stalker when I visit the Pag-asa website almost every hour to check on updates as well as the airline's advisory page.

I am writing this post to commend our weather men and women in the office who are working hard to update the Filipino people of this typhoon that comes at a very crucial time: when almost every body is rushing home to the provinces to be with their families and celebrate Christmas with them. I am sure it is not only me who is praying for this storm to move on or be over and allow us to travel back safely to our waiting families. Here's to hoping and praying that all will be okay.

Thank you for reading and 'til next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment