Looking for something? Look it up here!

Monday, October 12, 2015

Madame Tussauds Bangkok

Wincee and I have always wanted to visit Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in Bangkok. We took the chance of seeing it for ourselves and so booked our tickets in advance at their website. Booking in advance allowed us to enjoy discounts :)

So last March 24,2015, Wincee and I went to Siam Discovery Center's 6th floor. The place started to open at 10 am and we were the first ones to enter it. Before doing so, we presented our vouchers along with our passports to confirm the names. 


We were amazed with the vast collection of wax figures. These figures looked very real. At first, we didn't know how to pose with them but we later on figured it out. 

This is Wincee with the world's leaders. (Most of them were unfamiliar to me. I'm not that good with history.)


 Complete with a crown and a regal chair, Wincee got to be queen for a minute. 


President Obama and his wife, Michelle, also had wax figures. It was fun posing as their secretary. The staff at Madame Tussauds had their camera situated in this part of the museum. They will take a photo of the guests and this can be printed and bought as a souvenir at the exit.


Glad to have found Einstein in one corner. I wanted to ask why he was such a genius (or why did he had a hairstyle like that?)


If only I was not lazy with my piano lessons when I was just a kid. Who knows I can also be like Beethoven? :)


We also encountered popular people from the sports world.
Tiger: "Wow, what an amazing swing!"
Kat: "yeah, thanks but where's that golf ball?" 


Taking the chance to feel David Beckman's six packs while he is warming up.


There was also an interactive game at this part of the museum. We enjoyed and took turns playing this virtual football.


People from the Entertainment Industry

Yeah, we met some cute boys. I wonder who they were. All of them was staring at one direction!


Such a thrill to pose with Michael Jackson. Good job, Wincee!


Britney Spears and Madonna were also there.


This part of the museum had a singing/ karaoke room. As the room was all to ourselves, we belted our hearts out and sang Madonna's hit: Material Girl.


People from the Movie Industry

I met Mario Maurer! My dear Mario, I've been here in Thailand for 2 years still I haven't seen you in person yet. We both have busy schedules, anyways. See you in my dreams. :)


Wincee had the fear of her life when she met Hannibal behind bars! Watch out Wincee, you'll hear the silence of the lambs any minute now.


Oh yeah, I never thought I can be tough and strong. Not when I met Bruce Lee. Don't mess with us. We're like the death squad haha!


Wincee: "It's my pleasure to be here. I'm such a fan of your show."


Lady Gaga and Wincee. Who did it better?


Childhood dream fulfilled! Hello Doraemon :)


We had so much fun (as evidenced by Wincee's big smile).


We spent around 3 hours in Madame Tussauds. We had fun the whole time we were there. Though I cannot meet all these famous people in real life, at least I saw them up close even in wax figures.

Thank you and 'til my next blog. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment