Looking for something? Look it up here!

Friday, October 9, 2015

Hazy Phuket :(

I have been following the news about the haze in Singapore which came from the forest fires in Indonesia. It worried me because it has been in Singapore for a few weeks already. Also, because I have friends there and I am going there a few days from now.

Browsing through travel forums and seeing photos of people who are currently in Singapore, I can see that the haze has covered their part of the sky. The buildings can be hardly seen. News has it that some schools in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore were closed for a few days as well as events cancelled.

Last Monday because I was on a rest day, I planned to jog at the park. When I checked the weather through our little veranda, I was shocked to see that I can hardly see the trees outside. The mountains that are usually visible from our end is not there anymore. There was a burning smell outside and would possible worsen my already few weeks old rhinitis.


I searched on the internet to see some latest news about the haze from Indonesia arriving Phuket. My research confirmed this. My room mate who came home from work said the streets can be hardly seen to as it seems the haze has descended to the ground (or something like that). I also saw these Facebook photos (credits given).

(taken from Pe Saranyu's facebook account)

Tourists in Phuket's Rang Hill has this to view on top. Very sad. I'm sure they wanted to see more of the view but just had bad luck. Photo taken from Phuket Andaman News Facebook page. 


By Tuesday, I was informed by our staff that some of our clients did not arrive at Phuket International Airport on time as their flights were re routed to Penang. They arrived late in Phuket and so schedules had to be moved. I read on the news that flights were also delayed. Saw this photo again from Phuket Andaman News Facebook page.


I'm praying everyday that the forest fires are stopped and clean air with blue skies will appear again. Everyday one of the first things I do is to look up to the sky and see how it is. Hopefully the haze will dissipate soon. I hope Indonesia will take enough steps to stop this or moderate this if it happens again by next year. We're sharing the same sky, I hope they understand people from neighboring countries are affected with what is happening in their part of the world. #praying

Thank you for reading and 'til my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment