Looking for something? Look it up here!

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Phuket - never try, never know

I know I blogged about the places that I've been to but I have not blogged about Phuket - where I have resided for 3 years. My life was pretty boring here. My schedule was quite uneventful. I work for 9 hours a day, went to the grocery to get some needs, eat somewhere and come home. Repeat this for 5 days a week. I am not complaining. In fact, this is what I like and gotten used to. My work has blessed me with enough annual leave to travel and so I had time to explore. But this blog is not about my routine life. I want to talk about how lovely Phuket is and how it has captured the hearts of foreigners who come here to have a holiday or those who stay for work. In one of my tour guiding role with some visiting friends, I saw the sign: Phuket - Never Try, Never Know. Yes, I agree. Let me enumerate some of the places to visit in Thailand's largest island. 

1. Beaches

Patong Beach

This is most probably the first reason holiday goers are here in Phuket. And why? Because of the pristine beach and fine white sand that the island has been bestowed. I still remember the first time I saw Patong Beach, my jaw dropped because of its beauty. Beach lovers would surely not get enough of it.

Kata Beach

2. Island Tours

Phi Phi Island Tour

Numerous companies allow tourists to book for day trips in the many islands near Phuket. These options are online and there are also a lot of booths town or in Patong. Even hotels can help make a booking. Definitely worth having as there are a lot to choose from.

Similan Island Tour

James Bond Island Tour

3. Viewpoints

Karon View Point

These are sites usually in elevated parts of Phuket to see from the bird's eye view. Aside from seeing a lot of places from afar, it is also very cooling and lovely.

Rawai Viewpoint

Promthep Cape

Big Buddha

4. Dining Options

A restaurant in Chalong

There are a lot of dining options in Phuket nowadays. From Thai food to Japanese to western food. You name it, I'm sure you will find it. It is lovely to dine in places where there are nice views such as my favorite restaurant in Rang Hill. 

Tunk-ka at Night

4.Night Markets

Best to hunt for souvenirs or outfits. The first market I knew was in Naka (near Phuket town). For me it was big and like a maze but definitely way smaller than Chatuchak Market in Bangkok. I can easily spend 2 hours just by walking around and seeing different clothes, food and souvenirs here. I feel that the most interesting stall here is the one selling  cooked insects. Exotic food at its finest!


5. Pagodas

What is a trip to Thailand without seeing its majestic temples and Pagodas? I'd say it would be incomplete. There are a number of temples around Phuket but I think the biggest cluster is in Chalong. Interesting place to see how Thais pay respect to their monks and their beliefs.


6. Other Activities

If unfortunately there is rain on your holiday, don't fret! There are still things to do in Phuket and I have enumerated them here



Come and give Phuket a try! You'll never know you'll have so much fun here!
Thank you for reading and 'til next blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment