Looking for something? Look it up here!

Friday, February 10, 2017

3 Places not to miss near Bangkok

I love Bangkok but it is also worth it to discover what's outside of this big bustling city. I'm happy to have the opportunity to travel and would like to give suggestions to future travelers that there are also nice places outside of Bangkok. I know there are a lot but here are 3 of  which I went to: 

1. Ayutthaya


The full name of the place is Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya. It is 85 km north of Bangkok. Accessible by minibus and trains, this is popular for daytrips from Bangkok. As an avid fan of UNESCO world heritage sites, I kept this on my bucketlist and fulfilled it. My story here.

2. Hua Hin


About 199km southwest of Bangkok is the lovely Hua Hin. It is a beach resort town popular for Bangkok residents to have a getaway to. According to the Tourism Authority of Thailand, the name means "Stone Head" after the rocks at the north end of the powdery sand beach. Me and 4 of my friends went there for a 2 day getaway and I've detailed the story here.

3. Pattaya


Another resort city but this time located 100 kilometers south east of Bangkok is Pattaya. It is a major tourist destination in Thailand where there are a lot of entertainment and activities. Me and my friend went for a short trip and you can see it here.

I wanted to visit another place called Kanchanaburi but maybe during the next time I come to Thailand. I hope this inspires you to visit these places soon! Thank you for reading and 'til next blog :)


No comments:

Post a Comment