Looking for something? Look it up here!

Sunday, May 28, 2017

Short Geraldton Holiday


A month ago, 29 April 2017, my friend whisked me away for a quick visit to Geraldton, Western Australia. It's a coastal city located north of Perth. We started the drive early because it was an estimated 5-6 hours trip. On the way, we did a couple of breaks, saw some dead animals on the road which probably were run over by big cars and trucks and also saw this Leaning Tree.


Before this, I saw a lot of trees that are leaning. My friends said that this is because Geraldton is a very windy city. But this tree stands out of all the leaning ones. 


I stayed in the city for about 3 days. It was a small town  which I liked very much. I stayed in a friend's couch which was not that bad because I had Netflix all to myself. He also had a cat who kept me company while he was working. Most of all, there was good dinner every night at his friend's houses.

I never really went out to the foreshore nor visited other places in Geraldton. The morning when I was about to go back to Perth City, he took me to the HMAS Memorial which is located at the Summit of Mount Scott. This represents the loss of the light cruiser in November 1941 with none of its crews surviving. It was a nice place to be in the early morning where sunlight is not that harsh and you can see people and their cars beginning to start the work day. 






This is the dome of souls. It is made up of 645 stainless steel seagulls and represents the souls of the lost sailors. 


We only stayed for 15 minutes in the area as I had to catch the bus back. The bus ticket was 66 AUD which was expensive but for the 6 hour drive it was reasonable. I long to be back to Geraldton to explore more of its beauty and possibly work if there are opportunities. 



Thank you for reading and 'til next blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment