Looking for something? Look it up here!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

My First Sunday Market Experience in Aus

My German housemates asked me if I will be happy to come with them to a Sunday market that they have heard of in Canning vale, Western Australia. It sounded good so I went with them after having breakfast. I miss going to open weekend markets in Thailand wherein I can get good finds. I was excited to see one here in Australia. 

GPS helped us find our way and we had to pay 2 AUD for entrance fee. As it was a Sunday, there were a lot of people coming in as well. The market was open around 8am until 2pm. 

The stalls were lined up in a big area and the first things I saw were of cheap priced vegetables and fruits. I was tempted to buy some but I still had stocks at home. Finally I bought bananas and grapes. I saw that there were a lot of plants for sale. Mostly were garden plants but there were also interesting ones.


Much like in Thailand, I saw second hand toys for sale.


Common merchandise such as shirts and phone casings are here as well.


What made me happy to see was this Filipino food stall displaying Filipino food! 


I wasn't planning to eat as I was walking alone (me and my German friends separated ways). While looking at some used clothes and jackets, I spotted a familiar friend - Ate Vicky. She was also in the market with her friends. 


Ate Vicky was the kindhearted woman who helped me transfer my things from one house to another. As it was already lunch time, she offered to treat me for lunch. We went back to where the Filipino mobile stall was and ordered some of their meals. It was so good!


I'm so glad to have been to the market that day. I planned to return and bring enough money to buy myself some thick winter jacket but I haven't had time. Now that I am in another state, hopefully I can visit another one soon.

Thank you for reading and 'til next blog! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment