Looking for something? Look it up here!

Thursday, May 25, 2017

On Autumn/Winter Fashion

Before I came to Australia, I asked my friend who is already an Australian Resident about her clothing choices. She said she is into buying jackets now. I didn't quite understand it and chose not to think about it further. I was heading to Perth during its summer so I chose to pack my usual thin tropical clothes. I shipped my thick clothes to the Philippines and this was what I regret.

I was so preoccupied with school that I did not know Autumn was already around the corner. The air slowly became chilly and it felt colder than usual. Every morning I always wished it was only the air conditioner making me freeze and that I can turn it off. Of course it wasn't. It was definitely cold in and out of the house. There was no huge air conditioner.


I am lucky I have been granted to stay to experience my first autumn/winter. However, I am not prepared. I wished I carried those thick clothes with me. Every time I do window shopping at the mall, I can see lovely thick and comfortable jackets for sale for the upcoming season. Most of them are cool and fashionable. While waiting for the train, I can see people all covered up from freezing and they still look good. I was challenged to look decent during my stay in South East Asia. It is more challenging here to keep warm and fashionable or even look alright. I am happy to visit cheap stores that sell jackets and winter wears for now because I have a limited budget. I definitely get my friend now. 


Now, instead of beating the heat as what is happening in most part of the globe, I am beating the cold. Hopefully, I'd be lucky to scour good fitting clothes in op shops or store sales. Thank you for reading my autumn/winter outfit rant. 'Til next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment