Looking for something? Look it up here!

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Trang Weekend - Food Tripping

I love food however I am not quite adept in writing about food. Nevertheless, I want to try doing so because during my Trang weekend, our host has done his best effort to bring us to places with delicious food. So here goes:

Arriving Trang at around 10 pm, Joyce and I were starving. We were brought to a restaurant/bar named The Boxx. The place had a band that played English and Thai songs. I did not see any foreigners here. Come to think of it, during my stay in Trang, I did not see any foreigners at all. It was a cool place to hang out with friends much like the bars back in Cebu.


I forgot the name of what we ordered. All I know is that I was surprised with the food presentation. These were mussels placed individually on glasses. The sauce was very tasty and a little bit spicy.


The next morning, we were treated to another place which showcased a lot of Dimsum food. According to Wikipedia, Trang is known for a unique breakfast cuisine found nowhere else in Thailand. This may have been what they call as Trang breakfast.


I was stuffed for the day. I filled myself with shrimp wrapped in something like a siomai wrapper. The sauce was heavenly.


I forgot to ask the names of these dishes as I was busy tasting them. This does not look very enticing but as they say, don't judge a book by its cover (don't judge food without tasting it!). Here I was wrong to judge the food with its appearance. This is delicious crab meat shaped to a ball.


Our complete meal.


We also had seafood over load. These dishes are fish with mixed fruits (my first time to taste this) and shrimp in tamarind sauce (my all time favorite).



And of course, we also had desserts.


I'd like to believe I gained a few milligrams (not kilograms!) during my trip. Who wouldn't with all the tasty dishes served? As I am writing this blog and thinking of nice words to describe the food, my tummy also grumbles and my mouth waters just reminiscing them. Looking forward to my next travel and food tripping! 

2 comments:

  1. OMG Im so envious of the food!!! The complete meal picture is fantabulous! Laway me! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha.. When I look at the photo king, maglaway gani ghapon ko :)

      Delete