Looking for something? Look it up here!

Monday, June 27, 2016

Avenue of the Stars - Hongkong

After exploring what Logos Hope had to offer, I realized I still have a lot of time before going to the airport. I saw that the day was cloudy and gloomy but I prayed that it won't rain so that I can explore more of Hong Kong. On the way back to the MTR station, I found this interesting place.


This is the former Marine Police Headquarters Compound and now officially renamed as 1881 Heritage. This was declared a monument since 1994 as it is one of the four oldest surviving government buildings in Hong Kong. The compound has been redeveloped into a heritage hotel with food and beverage outlets. I did not stay for long because I still had to figure out how to get to my next destination - Avenue of the Stars.

I did not have mobile wifi (read: 3G) because I did not buy a sim card nor did I have a tourist map. I just relied on the maps on the walls of the MTR. I liked Hong Kong MTR because they have signs which let travelers know what tourist spot is near a specific exit. After following the directions and never asking anyone which way to go, I finally found Victoria Harbour Waterfront and Avenue of the Stars!


I was so proud to have reached it but was tired because of my luggage. I took a moment to sit down in one of the benches and take in the view. The man on the far right of this photo is selling souvenir photos with the Harbour as the background. It rained a bit and so he pulled his merchandise to where I was sitting.


After the quick rest, I had to get going and explore the place. I was happy to look at the stars and their names on it. There were a lot that I was not familiar with but I'm so happy to take a photo with those I know of. 


I saw the famous statue of Bruce Lee. There were a lot of people around it and I'm so lucky to have taken a selfie without any photobomber.


This is McDull, a pig cartoon character created in Hong Kong.


There were a lot of people walking along the place. There were also food stalls to serve them in case they get hungry. This is a squid stall which I guess is pretty common in Hong Kong because I saw them in Ocean Park, too. It really smells good and costs 30HKD.


More sites during my walk at Avenue of the Stars..



My father's favorite actor.





Avenue of the Stars in Tsim Sha Tsui is closed for repair and improvement works, which are expected to be completed at around 2018. A selection  of the Avenue of Stars exhibit is displayed at Garden of Stars Starry Gallery in the meantime.

It was time for me to bid goodbye to this place. I waited for the bus towards the airport and was luckily able to sit at the front seat of the second deck of the bus. This was my awesome view.


Thank you for reading and 'til next blog! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment