Looking for something? Look it up here!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Logos Hope 2015

On our 5th day in Hongkong, my mother and sister caught their morning flights back to Cebu. Being alone in the big city made me scared a bit. I already planned way ahead on how to spend my day. I would locate Ocean Terminal and step on the floating library called Logos Hope.


Logos Hope docked at Cebu's port around 2 months prior. I saw a lot of my friends and previous workmates trooping to the ship and having their photos taken. I know they must have had a good time. I monitored where Logos Hope was to dock next and found out that they'd be in Hong Kong whilst I am there. The thought added more to my excitement.

Way back in 2012, I was able to visit the ship as well. I never thought I could get a chance to visit it again.


Google, as my friend, helped me a lot with my research. When I was ready and armed with my research, I checked out of our guesthouse and hopped on the train's Tsuen Wan Line towards Central Station. I alighted at Tsim Sha Tsui station and looked for signs and information on what the nearest exit to Ocean Terminal was. Getting lost was part of the adventure and after walking for almost 15 minutes, I successfully reached Ocean Terminal. I couldn't help being proud of my self for successfully getting there.



I had to get into Harbour City to find my way into the planks of Logos Hope. I did not find any left luggage service so I had to bring my stroller and my backpack with me all the time. I paid 10 HKD for the entrance fee and mixed with the crowd who were busy with what Logos Hope had to offer.


There were a lot of parents and their kids scouring through the vast selection of books. I remembered way back when me and my friends stepped onto those same floors. I missed that time and I was like walking back into memory lane but this time I am alone and in another country. Anyways, I enjoyed browsing at different books and their categories.



After I had chosen a book that I liked, I lined up to the counter. The line was so long that it took me about 20 minutes just to get to the counter. It would be safe to say that the ship received a lot of support from the people of this country.


After going past the cashier to pay, I passed on another area with more books and a photo gallery showing the story of the Prodigal Son. I overheard a staff guiding guests and telling them of this Bible Story.



Still the same as that from 2012:


I was tired and wanted to rest a little bit so I decided to sit for a minute or two on the benches directly after the gallery. There was a mini talk/ presentation from the crew to the kids. I stayed a bit to listen and also met a girl who was temporarily volunteering as a crew for the ship. She mentioned her job for the day was to just talk with people. In my mind, I was thinking it was a cool job and I would also have wanted to volunteer but my schedule cannot permit me.



There was a restaurant/cafe where tables were full of guests. Being tired and hungry from all the walking and bag-dragging, I decided to line up and get myself a cheesecake for take away.



As the tables were full, I sat on a bench and took a bite of my cake. Directly in front of me was a booth where kids can fit their heads to become a Logos Hope captain. The line was quite long but the parents patiently waited with their kids.


Browsing through my old photos, I was one of those who also lined up for something like this in the past, too!


It was indeed a trip to a floating library and on memory lane for me. I was very happy to achieve what I planned to do for that day. Thank you Logos Hope for letting me locate you while in Hong Kong. Thank you for your time and 'til my next blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment