Looking for something? Look it up here!

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

I Caught the Pokemon Fever

So, Pokemon Go has been launched recently here in Thailand. To be more specific, it started to be available last Saturday, 6 August. I was hesitant to download the game and get on with the bandwagon but I saw my friends were having fun catching them all. I gave in and downloaded the application last Monday.


I didn't research on a lot of tips and tricks beforehand such as to ignore the first 3 pokemons that appear after downloading the application. I was not able to catch nor get a glimpse of Pikachu.:(

And since today was my rest day, I pulled myself to the park to catch some while doing my weekly jogging/ walking. The game really has risks because I had to focus on my phone screen for fear of missing out from the pokemons that could appear. People in Thailand has been warned to take note of their surroundings while playing the game especially while on the streets or be lured into secluded places where suspicious people might be waiting. 

Aside from the game using a lot of internet capacity, it also drains my phone battery fairly fast. I had to walk fast and pray that it can hold out especially when I arrived in an area of the park with 3 Pokestops all in lure mode.


I was definitely not alone. A lot were playing the game and enjoying this part of the park.


I'm proud of myself for achieving my weekly goal (walk or jog at the park) and successfully hatching a pokemon egg because I walked a total of 5 kilometers! I'm still new to the game and still have a lot to learn. Well, let's see how this goes! Thank you for reading and 'til next blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment