Looking for something? Look it up here!

Wednesday, April 3, 2019

TMAG 2019

Forgive me but I'm still reminiscing about my solo back pack trip to Hobart, Tasmania a month ago. On my third day and before I headed back to the airport, I went to TMAG or Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery. It was just across the street from the YHA hostel I was staying. I've read that it is one of the best places to go for a museum experience including natural history, art, social, heritage, Antartica and Tasmanian Aboriginal culture. Best of all, entrance was for free except for their featured display.
So, off I went early in the morning.


There were a lot of people waiting to get in as well. It opened at 10 am and since I had a big bag with me, the staff asked me to place it in the lockers available. I had to insert a $2 coin to use the locker but I can get my coin back when I get my bag back.


There were tons of displays and here are just a few that caught my attention.

This is the Thylacine or the Tasmanian Tiger because of its striped back. It is extinct and the last known live animal was captured in 1933 and died in 1936.


A huge chocolate pan.


Different types of chairs. I love how unique the styles are and I remember a famous personality in the Philippines also collected different styles of chairs.


Interesting displays of art.


I love this colorful painting of Australia as Treasure Island.


Interesting stories and details about Antarctica. 


I love visiting museums ever since, all the more when it is free! Perfect time to cap my Hobart trip. Thank you for reading and 'til my next blog.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, if you don't mind me asking. Are you working as a nurse now in Australia? Thanks.
    Ira

    ReplyDelete