Looking for something? Look it up here!

Saturday, October 1, 2016

When in Bali

I know its overly late but I still would like to share the opportunity I had when I went to Bali last December 2015 with some friends. As it is long overdue, I will try and remember what awesome things we did. These can also be suggestions in case some of you, dear readers, would like to set foot in Bali, Indonesia for your future getaways. 


1. Stay in a nice / comfortable hotel

There are numerous beautiful and relaxing hotels in Bali to choose from. This just depends on the budget and of course on what part of Bali you intend to stay. There are a lot of areas to choose from such as Kuta, Seminyak and Legian among others. It's truly rewarding to research which area fits best for your kind of holiday. 

We chose to stay at a hotel in Seminyak. It was quite far from the beach and the happenings but it was nice and quiet. When we were there, our room was upgraded to pool access which was a sweet surprise.


2. Chill and Dine

There were numerous drinks that I only have seen in Bali. These were just some that I saw at a 7-11 store. I am not into drinking alcohol but still these were interesting.


A lot of bars and restaurants dot the area so there are a lot of options to choose from. On the first night, we went to this cool place in Kuta where we had dinner via candle light and a live band to keep us entertained.




On other nights, we went to explore other bars. One of the bars we went to was near the beach. They had a promotion of a buy one take one for their cocktails. The view, the music, the ambience and the place was amazing.



We also went to Potato Beach Club to see the sunset. Again, the view and the ambience was simply fantastic!


The best Nasi Goreng with Pork Ribs that I've tasted all my life :) 


3. Water Sports

Bali is famous for its offered water sports. I had a great time having my first Banana Boat Ride, Jet Ski, Flying Fish and Parasailing. I especially loved the Parasailing because we were taught how to steer it while up in the air. My arms were sore because I had to pull the strings according to their instructions thru the flags on the shore.



4. White Water Rafting

I was afraid of trying this one out because I felt it was dangerous but my friends were all going so I went as well. We had a fun time even while waiting for the start of the program.


The great river with rafts and the people who were with us to experience this rafting thing.


Our guide was patient to all of us and he was very quick to instruct us to either paddle or stop.


It was not all paddling. We were able to stop for a few photos along the way as well as take a dip in the cool river.


5. Temple Tour

A visit to Bali is not complete without a temple tour. We hired a driver and his car to take us around for a temple tour. This is Jero, our very kind and patient driver. You can search for him in Facebook or on his website www.laksmibalitour.com


He kept us safe from the monkeys who would often grabbed things from unsuspecting tourists.



How many monkeys do you see? There are a lot of them and sometimes you can barely see them and can just suddenly come up to grab cameras or water bottles or food. 


The temples were situated quite far from each other and as it was so hot during the day, we ended up only going to a few of them.



6. Shopping

There are a lot of stores selling souvenirs and Indonesian delicacies. Our driver, Jero, was kind to bring us to one of the affordable stores that sold things that we can bring back to our friends and families. It also had a restaurant to refresh their shoppers.



I had such a great time during my first trip to Bali. I went back again after 5 months and I'm excited to write about it soon. Thank you for reading and 'til next blog! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment