Looking for something? Look it up here!

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Concluding the Holy Week with a Happy Easter!


So what have you been up to last Holy Week?

For me, this has been my second holy week while living abroad. Being in a Buddhist country, I can say I cannot feel much of it here. The holy days were much like ordinary days. Of course, since they have a different religion so I should not expect much. I just reminisced the days when I just stayed at home and watch the Lenten TV specials of Pinoy channels while eating the ever famous binignit. I also missed going to church for the Last Supper or  for the 7 last words. The memories of going to Bantayan Island to watch the procession and visit the church were still lingering in my thoughts.

Living abroad especially during these holidays made me terribly miss home. I am looking for a way to do my personal fasting. I cannot fast on food here because the food choices are way less. So what I did is to deny myself of something I liked: blogging and writing. I fasted from ranting a lot from my thoughts and writing down things about my most recent vacation. It may not be much that I have offered to Christ but for me, it is already a sacrifice.

I do not want to judge about other people going on vacation or doing their own usual  (or unusual things) on Holy Week. I believe you are accountable of your own because each of us has a personal relationship with Christ.


So much for my Holy Week rant. Today, Easter Sunday I did not plan to miss it for the world. The service was not held at dawn as what is usual in the Philippines.



I'm proud of myself for not being late. I have expected a lot of people will come. The Church was really full and some even had to stand outside. I loved the atmosphere of praise surrounding me.

To summarize the sermon today, the priest said that every time we sin, we deny the resurrection of Christ who died for us.


After Church service, the priest announced that there were Easter Eggs to be served. I did not expect this. The eggs were placed on a basket. Each egg has a piece of paper with something on it that I cannot understand. Nevertheless, I am happy with just getting one minus the hunting in bushes and other hiding places. These eggs symbolize a new life we have in Christ's resurrection.



 There were also Holy water in bottles given.


And of course the usual snacks after service.


And then He told them, "You are to go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere. Those who believe and are baptized will be saved. But those who refuse to believe will be condemned. -Mark 16:15

Me and my friends here may not be with each of our families to celebrate this special occasion of our faith. We may miss out from the food, beach vacation and family bonding back home but in our hearts we celebrate this joyous day with you all. Happy Easter! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment