Looking for something? Look it up here!

Monday, February 1, 2016

Death in the Family

I woke up to sad news yesterday. My cousin's daughter, Freya, who was fighting to hold on to life returned to our Creator. She was a very brave child having to undergo intubation and dialysis all because of Dengue Hemorrhagic Disease. It breaks my heart to know she is one of the casualty of this mosquito brought illness. She was strong for having held on to all the treatments and life support for more than a week. All of us in the family prayed for her healing. My cousin was diligent enough to post us with updates about her on Facebook. I know cousins from the Philippines and abroad were all eager to know of the updates.

Our dear Freya during happy times. 

I am both sad and happy for her. Sad that her life was taken away from such an early age. She could have been whoever she wanted to be and travelled to whatever destination she chose. She could have learned and experienced a lot with this great gift of life. I'm happy that she can now rest and be with our Heavenly Father who is all knowing and all powerful. The Creator who gives and takes away.

image taken from www.discovercreativelive.com

It is my prayer that her parents be strong in this difficult time. Though I haven't given birth yet, I can imagine how it is to lose a child so young and so full of chance. I also wish that families won't have to experience loss of a member because of this preventable disease. 

 She is now an angel watching us from above. Rest in peace, our dear Freya.


No comments:

Post a Comment