Looking for something? Look it up here!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Duterte's SONA 2016

Though I was at work yesterday, it did not stop me from listening to our current President of the Philippines, Rodrigo Roa Duterte. I loved how there were a lot of links online allowing real time viewing and listening to the much awaited State of the Nation Address. I was impatiently waiting for the main speech. The network who was covering the event had interviewed different political personalities while the President was following the protocols and walking through the halls of the complex.

Now that I am living abroad and I don't hear the National Anthem that often, I really feel a sense of pride whenever I do. On the other hand, I terribly miss being away from my home country. Prayers were then offered after the singing of the anthem. Afterwards, the President was introduced and began to talk.

At first, he greeted the distinguished men and women in the crowd as well as the Filipino citizens. I saw that 3 of the former Presidents were present: Gloria Macapagal Arroyo (2001-2010), Joseph Estrada (1998-2001) and Fidel V. Ramos (1992-1998). It can be noted that Benigno Aquino who was president from 2010-2016, was a no show in the event. Well, he must've thought that he was going to be accused of what he has not fulfilled during his term. It was a wise move as President Duterte really included in his speech that:

taken from cnnphilippines.com

It was such a refreshing thing to hear that the man I voted for is way different from his predecessor who would always accuse the one before him of the things that he should start acting upon. President Duterte went on to discuss his plans for the country. He addressed the war on drugs in the country, of making sure that government workers would be doing their job, of global warming still being a top priority, of having wifis at parks and hospitals, of improving the mass transit system and a whole lot more. 

He also assured of a clean government. I know the President can only do so much but by his example and his goals, I fervently hope the Filipino people will be able to follow the rules imposed. Anyways, its only for the betterment of everyone and of the country. I'm excited for the future of my country. I pray for the safety and good health of our dear President, not only so that he can fulfill his promises but also he can see the results of his dreams for his beloved land.

No comments:

Post a Comment