Looking for something? Look it up here!

Monday, July 4, 2016

Buffet Dinner at Baiyoke Tower

A friend of mine really wanted to try out the dinner buffet offered by Baiyoke Sky Tower. When we were in Bangkok last year, we tried to walk in but was overwhelmed by the crowd hovering in the counter. So before coming back to the city, we booked online and readied our voucher. We were not able to get the slot for dinner at 17:00H, so we opted for dinner at 20:00H. We paid close to 700 THB (roughly 20 USD) each.


We would have wanted to catch the sunset on the Revolving Deck located at the 84th floor of the Tower. Entrance to the tower is already included with the buffet. However due to meetings and preparations, we arrived at 7pm. We were informed to take the lift to the 83rd floor and take the stairs to the 84th floor. The 83rd floor's view already took my breath away. I tried to take a photo but my reflection from the glass wall is obvious.


It also has a giant poster perfect for photo opportunities.


I took the short flight of stairs to the 84th floor and this greeted me.


At first, the revolving deck made me dizzy but I later got used to it. There was a thin wire to keep the guests from falling over. The view was magical. I can see how big and busy Bangkok is.



At certain stations, they placed signs on how far a certain country is from the tower. I learned that my beloved country is about 2,205.64 km away.


We stayed on for a few minutes and then decided to go the 78th floor to eat. Before going in to the dining hall, I can't resist to take some selfies from the mirrored walls. #sorrynotsorry :-P


The staff happily gave in to our request of a table near the windows. The perfect spot to take in the view while enjoying dinner with a good friend.


It was an international buffet and it was wonderful to choose from sushi, pad thai, steaks, pastas and a whole lot more. Cake slices of a lot of kinds were for dessert along with fruits in season. I loved that the drinks was not for one round only. I can get a second or third glass of iced tea or fruit juice. I was not able to get take a photo because I was already famished. 

I was so full and happy to have fulfilled this on my bucket list. On the way down, we saw this model of the entire tower.


Some say that it was not really nice considering the number of tourists coming but it was still a great and memorable experience to dine at Thailand's tallest and most scenic hotel. Thank you for reading and 'til next blog!







No comments:

Post a Comment