Looking for something? Look it up here!

Monday, December 21, 2015

Congratulations, Ms Philippines!

Yesterday, 21 December 2015, was when Filipinos around the world went wild and surprised. After 42 years of waiting and aiming for that elusive Miss Universe crown, Ms Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach finally got it.

image taken from mic.com

I was actually busy with work and was not planning to see the pageant. When my colleague told me that she is in the top 5 and finally when there were only 2 of them left, I got very excited to know the result. I told my friend that she has gotten far already and I'd be happy even if she would only bag the 1st runner up. 

Steve Harvey announced Ms Colombia as the winner. My heart sank a bit but I was happy for her as she also did good. However, there was a turn of event when Steve admitted that he made a mistake in announcing the winner. Ms Colombia was in fact the 1st runner up and Ms Phillipines is the Miss Universe winner. It was a huge mistake of which Steve Harvey humbly apologized.

Now, the internet is full of bashing and hurtful comments to either Steve, Ms. Colombia or Ms Philippines. I have seen funny but bullying memes and jokes about Ms Colombia's embarrassing experience. 

It's almost Christmas and I wish everybody would be happy that Steve owned up to his mistake, Ms Colombia has accepted that she is not the one for the crown and Pia that all her efforts has now paid off. After all, these women and all those contestants have proven to themselves and to the world that they can own up to the big challenge of competing for the crown.

To Pia, you have made us very proud! You have become the concrete example of chasing up one's dreams no matter how elusive it is. Your hard work has now been recognized and it is my hope that you can truly stand up and prove to the world what confidently beauty with a heart is.


No comments:

Post a Comment