Looking for something? Look it up here!

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Afternoon and Evening Walks in Penang

It's time for that yearly business trip to Penang. As usual the travel was long because it was overnight by mini bus and tiring because we had to attend to the official business before sleeping. The moment I was able to regain some strength, I met with a friend who was also having a holiday in Penang. The air was so humid and I felt it the moment I stepped out of the hotel. Our hotel was in another part of Penang this time and it was a great opportunity to discover the other side of town. Most photos on this post are taken by my good friend P. Jose. 

First, we reached a part of Penang with this view. Honestly, I did not know what part this is but the view of the cruise ship somewhat hiding beyond is interesting. 


We walked through a park and reached Fort Cornwallis. It was so hot I was literally drenched with sweat on my back. We were not interested in paying quite a big amount to see what is inside so we just took some photos of the facade. 



We headed to a mall to cool ourselves and when it was nearly sun down, we went back to my hotel to get our other friend to join us for dinner. On the way, we passed by this street art on a wall beside a parking lot. I wrote about Penang's street art and steel art before and you can read it here.


Rax, PJ and I then went to Red Garden Food Paradise to fill ourselves with a delicious dinner. I chose to be adventurous and tried the nutmeg shake. Much to my dismay, it felt like I was drinking an ointment. I didn't like it so I ordered another drink, this time a watermelon shake. 


The night was still young but still humid so we chose to walk around. We found a lovely place near the park showcasing mini air balloons made from paper with drawings on them. It was a cute sight to behold. 



Their air balloon event is also coming up, thus this sight. I didn't expect that a few weeks later, huge and real air balloons were present during the Thailand Balloon Music Festival and I did get to see them for real.


The following day, we just lazily stayed in the hotel and left back for Phuket in the afternoon. That was again a short and sweet trip to Penang. The place never ceased to surprise me. Thank you and 'til my next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment