Looking for something? Look it up here!

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Thailand Balloon Music Festival 2016

I've always dreamed of physically seeing big balloons. It is my wish to ride one of them maybe possibly in Bagan, as I've read there is a company aptly named as Balloons over Bagan. It was just my luck that Thailand Balloon Music Festival came to Phuket. Although I cannot ride it, its already enough to gaze and see how beautiful and gigantic these balloons are.

The Thailand Balloon Music Festival started last 14 April and will run until 17 April. It is held at Paradise Park which is near British International School, Phuket. The tickets ranged from 250THB for General Patronage and 2,500THB for VIPs. 

With this information, me and my friends trooped to Paradise Park after work. We were not able to secure tickets ahead so we purchased some at the entrance gate.


There were tents, tables and chairs for public usage. 


We came from work and we were famished. There were numerous stores selling food and beverages. We had to exchange our cash to coupons and use this to buy food. 


The program started at around 7pm but since we could not understand most Thai language, we just enjoyed our meal and took selfies. 


The table we chose was in a perfect place to see the balloons being prepared for the night glow part of the program. We were very excited to see real big balloons. A lot of people also started to flock towards them .




While seeing these balloons being prepared, the venue was filled with relaxing music from the artists on stage. I was very far from the stage so I just focused on looking at the balloons.


(photo by MJ Mutia) 

Before we headed home, we saw some fireworks. Here's a short clip. 


I'm sure there will be a lot of people flocking the venue during the festival days. I think they chose to hold the program at night so that some people from the office can come after work. It was nice to experience seeing balloons although it was only for a short time. Thank you for reading and 'til next blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment