Looking for something? Look it up here!

Friday, January 27, 2017

Food in the Philippines

I still can't get over the fact that after 2 years of being away from home, I've eaten the Filipino foods I craved for. Though I am loving Thai food, nothing beats food from the Philippines. I actually made a list of the food I have to eat and am glad to say I ticked almost all of them. So here they are in no particular order.

On New Year's Eve we had a full table prepared with food. My sister specifically made sure that we have Lechon. It is what we name the well roasted pig in the middle of this table. Usually this is the star of Pinoy parties. Surrounding it are fresh fruits (for new year luck), bread, smoked fish and my mother's delicious Filipino style spaghetti.


Another one on my list is the Choc'o Flakes from Baguio. I was first introduced to this snack way back in college from a dorm mate who lived in the mentioned province. Actually, its just corn flakes covered in brown or white chocolate. Simple as it is, I like it so much and always try to buy it every time from the airport.


This is the top view of my Halo-halo (that I mixed already before I remembered to take a photo). This consists of ube ice cream, cornflakes, some jelly and fruits, ice and milk. This is especially good to eat during the summer when its so hot. 


It was said that you haven't been to Butuan until you ate chicken at Weegol's Garden. Well, I've lived in Butuan for 2 years of my high school but this was my first time to discover the place. (I know right?). It was packed with people for lunch and no wonder because of it's delicious chicken barbecue in a set including 1 and a half rice. 


I had a gastronomic treat in Cebu thanks to my sister who brought me to Buffet 101. There was a huge variety of food, including Japanese cuisine that I super like. 


One of my top priority was to order Alberto's Pizza. This pizza is what me and my house mates used to order after a gruelling hospital shift. The chain has grown so big now with a lot of branches at different provinces. It has managed to offer different pizza flavors that fit my budget perfectly.


I deeply miss Jollibee and ate some right after landing in the capital city. Since I was a child, I loved eating Jollibee and I haven't grown out of it. Though it already has branches in some countries but I feel the quality in the Philippines is still the best. Nothing beats lasagna from Greenwich, too! Tip: if you have OFW friends coming home to the Philippines, usually they would like to treat people with Jollibee because there is no other like it abroad.


The joy of eating in a roadside restaurant with puso (hanging rice), tasty pork liempo and paired with cold softdrinks is pure joy! I forgot to take a photo of the siomai that we also bought. My mouth waters just thinking about it lol.

I was almost afraid I would miss eating sisig. See my wide smile just by looking at it. It's a Filipino dish made from parts of pig's head and liver and seasoned with lemon and chilli peppers. Oh what a treat!


I made this post to remind me of what a good time I had in my recent holiday because of my family, friends and with all the food I tasted. I even attempted to stuff my bag with some more food for presents and my own consumption. (lol)


For those of you who haven't visited my beloved country yet, I hope this will inspire y'all to come and visit, not only to see our beautiful sights but also to eat.

Thank you for reading and 'til next blog!








No comments:

Post a Comment